Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Monday evening commute, Tuesday RAIN( I drove today)

Well, Disappointing as it may be… I won’t be pedaling everyday this week. It was raining, steadily this morning. While my neighbor is out of country, I do have access to a car. This access only lasts for another week, so I may continue to only bike 3-4 days in to work. Honestly I feel relieved about this! I was worried that going from 0 miles1 week, 48 miles the next & 80 miles the 3rd week would be too much! I don’t mind being tired, but I don’t want to be too sore (I am not training for a tri-crazy…. (yet))

So what do commute bikers do regarding light rain? Anyone have a recommendation for a shirt/jacket they appreciate that reduces the rain, whilst not boiling the one inside the jacket?

Maybe this will give me a little time to get my breathing pattern figured out! Since I am a well padded figure; I have no wind! As soon as I get on the bike I start breathing loud, hard, huffing, then once I settle into a rhythm of pedaling my breathing smoothes out until I reach the inclines( its as if I am either unsettled or nervously trying to store up breathe for when I can’t seem to get enough).

Monday’s pedal home was almost great! I am still awkward getting my bike & self out of my office, out the doors, banging about feeling as if I am creating ruckus. The dank humidity was clinging to my skin. My plastered shirt was probably exposing the multi coloured layers of bras( 1 reg bra, 1 sports bra)… the long loose board shorts got all twisty.

It was super cloudy, almost dark. The wind was mostly from my back at 20-25 mph gusts. All the urban grey seemed to glow from the evanescent lightening from behind the flowing clouds. I pedaled better then usual. The chain never fell off!!! The chain/pedals/something is SQEAUKING when I pedal and it is Awful! The driveway arrived at 5:50 p.m.! Usually I am a little shaky for about 20-30 minutes after the ride. But this time I seem to recover in 10 minutes. I guzzle room temperature water (cold water has caused me to chuck.) After about 2 hrs, my legs don’t seem to remember the bike ride. Now if only my lungs would catch up. They are still a bit coughy & tickly after a pedal.


I think I will begin making a wish list of items, as I become aware of them.

The new plan of the week is to pedal tomorrow & Friday. Making it another 48 mile pedal week.

I am not going to scare myself & say that this bike commuting could be good for weight-loss(words like diet usually involve someone's ridiculous idea of sustaneance from cabage soup ad naseum), however I do have some old Isshin_Ryu videos, or a personal trampleion & jumprope at home.( maybe I can look for another Isshin_Ryu sparring partner). So I plan to do something aerobic this evening to make up for night bike commuting 16 miles.

No comments: