Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lock-tight to the Rescue

A friend came by after work yesterday with lock tight & an assortment of screws. Dirty fingers later, lock-tight was in place!

Since my clothes were packed for 8-5, I was pretty much ready.

This morning’s ride was Good! The baskets stayed on! It was cold; 38 degrees, no wind, totally overcast. I took the advice of a commenter from Portland, & pedaled with no tunes, no pod cast. It was weird & quiet. This may have helped me breath better. I was breathing smoothly & quietly all the way. I did hear the cardinals. Hearing the deisels, even louder, seemed to enhance the smell of deisel fule as they passed. Yuck.

Riding attire was the same orange shorts, really thick socks, the turtleneck & the arron sweater. My friend also gave me a pair of wrap around clear safety glasses. These were great! My eyes didn’t tear nearly as much! The glasses did steam over when I was breathing out thru my mouth. The clear glasses ar ea keeper!

I pedaled up BOTH my hills! Slow, but this time my heart wasn’t trying to escape my chest! I left home at 6:46. 8 miles later I was pulling my bike into my office at 7:25. I feel like this may be the start of the the bike commute getting better.

Lunch was in Northgate today at Burger Boy. I saw fixed gears with nice colourful wheels everywhere. And a set of red Velocity deep Vs.( I know nothing about these, they just looked cool. I placed the link in the name.)

Fore the pedal home; the temp will be around 53 degrees, 58% humidity, winds will be 5 SSE with a 40% chance of light showers. I sure hope the rain holds off till after I get home…..

Tomorrow its predicting a 60% chance of rain… Its not looking good, as I haven’t located a car-pool prospect. Maybe I’ll get lucky &it will rain from 9-4…

No comments: