Monday, January 7, 2008

The 48th Mile

It’s Monday so I’ll do a quick recap off my Friday ride home& an even briefer yak about my weekend

Fridays ride home was tough. I seemed to be breathing ok, yet I was Tired. Not in the painful aching way, just weary. The chain came off 3 times….. that really sucks the momentum out of you! It keeps coming off when I am changing from pedaling like mad on a hight gear to 'oh sh*** here comes a slope'! It was 6:30 p.m. when I wheeled into my garage loft. I was starved, so had a glass of milk. Later at Koppe Bridge I surprised my dinner partners by scarffing down almost all of my Swiss-mushroom burger & fries. The Shiner-Bok that night was possibly the best beer I have ever swallowed! I was asleep by 10 p.m… Jason Strathum & his awesome car chase scene couldn’t keep me awake. I had successfully biked( huffed, swore, wobbled) 48 MILES my first week!!

Sat. I woke up @ 5:30, got a drink & fell asleep again until 9:30 a.m. Noticing my muscles above & below my knees were sore, I decided that the best thing for them was to go for a short bike ride. I meandered over to the farmers market & the library. The rest of the day I lollygagged, napped, & did chores.

Sun. I popped out of bed to go check out the chrome & muscles at the Chicken Oil. There were eye-candy & heart-stopping ‘vroom vroom’ noises everywhere. The collection of Shelby clones were inspiring & the Houston Corvette club had a large turn-out, but my favorite 3 cars were: 1) 08 Roush Mustang 427R 2) 53 Mercury 3) 68 white w/ blue stripe fastback( also the 08 Austin Martin, 51 Porsche, the cool AirStream project trailer!!!) More chores, a brief walk, & figuring out my ‘playlist' options on my phone. Packed my clothes & got ready fro my Monday morning ride.. with no little sighing over my own stubbornness & some concern for the weather.

No comments: