Monday, February 25, 2008

Black Hole Bike, Black Hole Bike

Thursday I dropped The Beast off at the LBS. I was finally putting mountain bike slicks filled with slime on it. Practically since day one I had been hearing how this would ease my daily 16 mile commute and in turn increase my speed. Luckily I found a 10 % coupon online so instead of $70 it was $63. Thus Black Hole BIKE! Am I pouring $$ in a black hole, trying to improve the Yugo, when wishing for the engineering of a BMW or the useability of a Honda Element.

I did go back in and get my mountain bike tires from them… they are now hanging up high in my closet…Now I have random spare bike parts! Ha! Hopefully this is the last modify or maintenance needed until Dec when I am ready to get either a better commuter bike, or maybe some kind of bike that can be a commuter and a road bike.(used or new). Turns out the tires weren’t the slickest... and once again the service level is less, when I go in the shop alone rather then if I go with some established bike (tri) folks.

The tires are quieter! The ease of pedaling doesn’t seem significant how there are too many variables to really state this as complete truth. My pedal home on Friday was grueling, but I am usually tired by Friday And I didn’t even leave work until 5:26. Pedaling home my feet were hurting. Near the end, so badly that I was almost ready to cry! I was wearing the same Nikes I have been wearing for the majority of my pedaling and walk/running. Any ideas of the sore feet issue? They have been sore before, but this time they were so sore they felt as if they were Burning! I do have a pair of Teva river shoes.. I am going to try those. I also noticed that they hurt less when wearing any of my Vans.
Any thoughts here?

No comments: