Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day Dream Pedal



This morning‘s ride made up for yesterdays! The air was a crisp clear 30 degrees! Perfect! The wind was mild and spring had the birds all tweeting. Looking like a Goodwill reject I happily pedaled out the door in my Aaron sweater, a white long sleeve underneath, with an old pair of bright multi-coloured board shorts ending in a pair of brown vans. Yep my best riding attire, would give the ‘what not to wear’ team strokes!!

I could smell the rain rising up from the grass. The majority of my ride I pretended I was pedaling in hills in Scotland. Squinting, I could make believe a mist was rising from the far off heather, blending with the scents of peat loam and early blooming lilac hedges. In my mind’s eye, it was glorious! I even had a Scottie dog hanging his feet over the front basket! I could have pedaled forever… or at least until I got hungry!

Then a pair of diesel duallies roared by. I was back in Aggieland. The good weather had people out stirring about... It’s been awhile since I have seen anyone pedaling, walking or running, aside from my morning ‘howdy’ with a crossing guard. Today I saw I guy on a recumbent, cross the road ahead of me and a jogger.

I left late and still got to work early then usual. Days like this, it makes you wonder why you were ever driving to work in the first place!

No comments: