Friday, February 19, 2010

Routine: Or Getting Organized

 I made it to the pool this morning! It helps to have the bug back.

 Last night after Body Flow, I packed my swim bag(clothes for work, girly stuff) & got my swimsuit out.  Then I got my gym bag ready for my functional weights session during lunch. Next  was kitchen work. Prepping cat, dog & my own breakfasts, & getting lunch & snacks together.Slightly before my 4 AM alarm rang, I rolled over to check my phone for time. Close enough, so I hopped out of bed. A few minutes later Scottie Zach & I were out the door to discover the dark before the day.

 These predawn forays into the neighborhood are increasing my endurance and my boldness. Today we went along the creek near my house  until we hit a main road then came back along the trail. Scottie Zach was in high-spirits, running backwards to encourage my speed. We both slowed down respectful of a striped skunks abilities that we couldn't outrun. That skunk was the only being we saw the entire walk run.

Back at the house to transition for a morning swim. I wriggled into my swimsuit, damped my hair down & sleeked it with conditioner then pulled it into a pony tail.(I am hoping this keeps me from getting green hair.) Next was breakfast for everyone.Teeth Brushed, 1/2 of my crock pot oatmeal(thanks to @holisiticguru recipe!)packed for after swim snack, I was ready, but first I had to get Mollie to come inside. Now running late, I pulled out of the driveway, car packed with 3 bags for the day.

 At the pool I slipped into a lane, waved & said 'howdy' to the swimmer in the next lane(thought it was @ZenTriathlon) and started off with a few rounds of breast stroke. Then, I swam with my fingertips on a board practicing bubbles and breathing for most of forty-five minutes.  The last 15 minutes I swam without the board. This is an improvement, believe it or not. The was less swallowed air to be burped out!  In the locker room, my lack of routine was discovered.

 I forgot my shampoo & comb, and lotion. OK I can do without this stuff. I had planned to wear a pony tail all day after my hair dried any way.(Needed to be comfortable for our Office Olympics!) Dry enough to wriggle into clothes.. my true lack of organization showed. Remember I packed all my stuff for the day yesterday while dinner was cooking. There I was winter boots, jeans and a Waco Outback Bicycles t-shirt.. & no skivvies. No time to go home and no place open on the way to work to pick-up a pair.  Luckily, I don't think anyone from work reads my blog...

 I'll either improve or need to leave a bag full of assorted spares for Anything.  I could  have forgotten my pants... HA!


No comments: